Ontario Sea Kayak Club
Join Kayak Ontario for a paddle on Monday evenings this summer. Explore Hamilton's Waterfront and Bayfront Park. We meet every other week at the launch site at 6:30 PM, and will paddle for a couple of hours. We will run a safety intro session starting at 5:30. (Mandatory on your first paddle)
Level 1 - Intro to Open Water
- You must have a kayak with 2 bulkheads for safety reasons. No rentals are available at this time.
- This event is a sea kayaking trip in sheltered open water.
- If you are a beginner sea kayaker or looking for a group paddle, this is the right place to start.
- The conditions will be Class 1 per Paddle Canada's guidelines.
- This is a safe space to come, ask questions, and get advice.
- These events are open to paddlers with the Level 1 or who would like more information on it.
Get to know some other local Kayak Ontario members and work on your skills.
You will need:
- A kayak with 2 bulkheads.
- You will need a pump, a whistle, and a 15m floating rope.
- A PFD is mandatory
- A paddle
- Water and snack
Questions? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe that this event should be fun, laid back and offered in a positive, inclusive experience. We will incorporate games, group activities and real world scenarios as much as possible. We will not put you on the spot, make you demonstrate in front of the class (unless you want to) or speak in front of crowds. If that and the promise of terrible Dad jokes appeals to you, you have found the place to sign up.