Lake Opeongo - Instructional Tour
Do you want to try backcountry sea kayak camping in a relaxed and stress free environment? Finally you have an option!. Accessible campsites, backcountry wilderness and smaller water than the Great Lakes. Lake Opeongo is big enough to sea kayak and small enough to be relaxing.
This adventure is designed for sea kayakers who have taken Level 1 and want a relaxing experience that isn't a Level 2. Stress free kayak tripping with the opportunity to learn skills at your own pace. The intent of this trip is to give paddlers experience participating in an expedition without having to paddle in big water.
On this adventure we will take a shuttle to the far side of Lake Opeongo and take a few days to paddle back to the launch and explore. We will use charts and compasses to navigate our way.
- Kayak and drysuit rental.
- Small groups lead by experienced Paddle Canada coaches. Max 4:1 ratio.
- We will provide you with a drysuit and kayak during the trip.
- Pre-trip planning webinar.
- Boat shuttle, camping and accommodations.
- Park permits and platforms reservation.
- Charts, compasses and cases for each participant.
- All common camping gear (tarps, etc.).
- If you would like to come in a tandem please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Transportation to put in.
- All meals and snacks during the trip. (Days 1-4).
- Personal paddling clothing (for under drysuit).
- Day 1 : Meet Up at outfitter for 1PM water taxi. Come in time to be prepared.
- Day 1 – 3 : Kayak Trip.
- Day 4 : Last Kayak Day. Take out at outfitters.