Paddle Canada - Basic Kayak Instructor
The Basic Kayak Instructor course provides national certification in the instruction and administration of the Paddle Canada Basic Kayak skills course.
A Basic Kayak Instructor is certified to
- conduct Waterfront Kayak and Basic Kayak skills courses and certify paddlers at those levels,
- assist a Level-1 Instructor on a Level-1 Skills course,
- assist a Kayak Rolling Instructor on a Kayak Rolling clinic, and
- assist a Basic Kayak Instructor Trainer on a Waterfront Kayak Instructor course.
- At least 16 years of age.
- Sea Kayak Level-1 Skills
- First Aid
- Current certification in first aid (14 hours) with CPR.
- Teaching Experience
- Paddling Experience
- Significant paddling experience in a wide variety of conditions and locations.
- Candidates are expected to be able to perform all safety and skill items to a level and confidence superior to that of a student taking the Basic Kayak Skill course.
- There is an additional fee of $99 (plus tax) for your Paddle Canada Instructor membership.