Philip Edward Island Circumnavigation - Instructional Tour
Manoomin Mnising, also known as "Philip Edward Island", is an incredibly picturesque and highly sought after destination. With its stunning white quartzite mountains and breathtaking views of Georgian Bay, it truly is a jewel of nature. The Fox Islands provide a challenging and fulfilling navigation experience, with plenty of accessible campsites to make the journey comfortable. As we circumnavigate the island, we'll have plenty of opportunities to take in the incredible scenery and immerse ourselves in the beauty of the area.
This sea kayaking adventure is tailored for individuals who have completed Level 1 or possess equivalent skills. The main objective of this trip is to provide paddlers with an opportunity to gain experience in participating in an expedition on large coastal waters in a controlled and supervised manner.
During this adventure, we will paddle around Phillip Island and camp on crown land islands and shores. At night, the stars will be the most visible you have ever seen.
The Georgian Bay Biosphere is a UNESCO biosphere and is situated within the Robinson-Huron Treaty of 1850 and Williams Treaty of 1923, and located on Anishinabek territory. We are grateful to work with First Nation communities and all Indigenous people in this area and acknowledge their ancestors as caretakers of the air, land, and water. We support the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples in this territory and work towards respectful and reciprocal relationships. Learn more under our Cultural Resources.
- Small groups lead by experienced Paddle Canada coaches. Max 4:1 ratio.
- All meals during the trip. (Days 1-5).
- We will provide you with a dry suit and kayak during the trip.
- Pre-trip planning webinar.
- Camping and accommodations.
- Park permits and platform reservations.
- Charts, compasses and cases for each participant.
- All common camping gear (tarps, etc.).
- Please note: there is no Paddle Canada certification offered on instructional tours.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Transportation to put in.
- Personal paddling clothing (for under drysuit).
- Day 1 : Meet Up at Chikanishing Trail
- Day 2 – 5 : Circumnavigation.
- Day 5 : Last Kayak Day. Take Out at Chikanishing Trail.