Philip Edward Island Circumnavigation - Instructional Tour
Manoomin Mnising also known as "Philip Edward Island" is by far our most inquired upon trip destination. Accessible campsites, beautiful white quartzite mountains, the jewel of Georgian Bay. The Fox Islands creates a challenging and satisfying navigation challenge. We will take our time circumnavigating the island.
This adventure is designed for sea kayakers who have taken Level 1 or feel they have the equivalent skills. The intent of this trip is to give paddlers experience participating on an expedition on big coastal waters in a controlled and supervised manor.
On this adventure we circumnavigate Phillip Island. We will camp on crown land islands and shores. The stars will be the most visible you have ever seen them at night.
The Georgian Bay Biosphere is a UNESCO biosphere and is situated within the Robinson-Huron Treaty of 1850 and Williams Treaty of 1923, and located on Anishinabek territory. We are grateful to work with First Nation communities and all Indigenous people in this area and acknowledge their ancestors as caretakers of the air, land, and water. We support the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples in this territory and work towards respectful and reciprocal relationships. Learn more under our Cultural Resources.
- Small groups lead by experienced Paddle Canada coaches. Max 4:1 ratio.
- All meals during the trip. (Days 1-5).
- We will provide you with a drysuit and kayak during the trip.
- Pre-trip planning webinar.
- Camping and accommodations.
- Park permits and platforms reservation.
- Charts, compasses and cases for each participant.
- All common camping gear (tarps, etc.).
- If you would like to come in a tandem please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Transportation to put in.
- Personal paddling clothing (for under drysuit).
- Day 1 : Meet Up at Chikanishing Trail
- Day 2 – 5 : Circumnavigation.
- Day 5 : Last Kayak Day. Take Out at Chikanishing Trail.