Intermediate Day Trips
- Tuesdays: 11 - 3 PM
- Saturdays: 8 - 12 PM
- ***Night paddles will leave 1 hour before sunset.
- You will need a kayak with at least 2 sealed bulkheads and a dry suit.
- Rentals are available.
- This event is a sea kayaking trip in open water.
- If you are a sea kayaker or looking for a group paddle, this is the right place to register.
- The goal of this course is to aid the paddler in becoming confident enough to do a similar trip with friends and prepare for a level 2 skills class.
- The conditions will be Class 2 per Paddle Canada's guidelines. (eg. Mohawk Island)
- This is a safe space to come, ask questions, and get advice.
- These events are open to paddlers with at least level 1 skills.
Get to know some other local Kayak Ontario members and work on your skills.
The paddling locations and meeting spots will change weekly, so make sure to check this page often.
Rentals are available. Please select it if you require one. We have amazing high-end plastic and fibreglass sea kayaks for rentals. Even if you have your own gear, you might want to try our kayaks.
If you are bringing your own gear, you will need:
- A kayak with 2 bulkheads.
- Rentals are available if needed.
- If you are bringing your kayak, you will need a pump, a whistle, and a 15m floating rope.
- A PFD is mandatory
- A paddle
- Water and snack
We believe that this event should be fun, laid back and offered in a positive, inclusive experience. We will incorporate games, group activities and real-world scenarios as much as possible. We will not put you on the spot, make you demonstrate in front of the class (unless you want to) or speak in front of crowds. If that and the promise of terrible Dad jokes appeals to you, you have found the place to sign up.