Thursday Night Social Paddles
Join Kayak Ontario for a guided social paddle on Thursday evenings. Paddle some of the beautiful areas in the Niagara and Hamilton Regions. We meet every week at the launch site at 5:30PM, and will paddle for a couple of hours.
There are two levels offered on Thursday nights: Level 0 Social Paddles and Level 1 Intro to open Water trips
Level 0 - Social and Beginner Paddling
- Any kayak is acceptable.
- Rentals are available
- This event is a meet and greet with recreational paddling.
- If you are a beginner or looking for a laid back group paddle, this is the right place to start.
- The conditions will be flat sheltered water. Paddle Canada's Class 0. (eg. Welland River)
- This is a safe space to paddle, ask questions, and get advice.
Level 1 - Intro to Open Water
- You will need a kayak with at least 2 sealed bulkheads.
- Rentals are available
- This event is a sea kayaking trip in sheltered open water.
- If you are a beginner sea kayaker or looking for a group paddle, this is the right place to start.
- The conditions will be Class 1 per Paddle Canada's guidelines. (eg. Long Point)
- This is a safe space to come, ask questions, and get advice.
Level 2- Intermediate Open Water and Navigation
These events are open to paddlers of all experiences, and we offer rentals if needed.
Get to know some other local Kayak Ontario members and work on your skills.
The paddling locations and meeting spots will change weekly, so make sure to check this page often.
Rentals are available. Please select it if you require one. We have amazing high-end plastic and fiberglass Nigel Dennis Kayaks for rentals. Even if you have your own gear, you might want to try our kayaks.
If you are bringing your own gear, you will need:
- A kayak with 2 bulkheads.
- Rentals are available, if needed.
- If you are bringing your kayak, you will need a pump, a whistle, and a 15m floating rope.
- A PFD is mandatory
- A paddle
- Water and snack
Questions? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe that this event should be fun, laid back and offered in a positive, inclusive experience. We will incorporate games, group activities and real world scenarios as much as possible. We will not put you on the spot, make you demonstrate in front of the class (unless you want to) or speak in front of crowds. If that and the promise of terrible Dad jokes appeals to you, you have found the place to sign up.