Paddle Canada Level 1 - Route Planning and Basic Navigation Techniques
September 28th @ 7PM
In this online webinar we will cover the following learning outcomes:
- Pick a launch spot based on local conditions
- How to pick a chart
- How to create a topographical map
- Create a float plan
- Describe and use the concepts of basic nautical navigation needed for a safe day trip including
- piloting, handrails, backstops, time, distance, speed and direction, and use a chart or topographic map to plan an appropriate day trip
- follow their route during the course of said day trip and be prepared to identify their position when asked.
This is a fully online webinar and is inline with the theory portion of a Paddle Canada Level 1. Since we are focusing more closely on this topic, we can get into more in-depth questions. A Zoom link will be emailed to you.
This course is specific to costal touring in the Great Lakes
Thank you for the support.